Sunday 10 February 2008

Lonely Thrush


Today this thrush spend two solid hours in the garden, occasionally giving a little run and pecking, but mostly just standing looking lost. At first I thought it might be injured but when, eventually, my partner went out and tried to scare it off for fear our cat woke up and went out, it flew up into a tree. Its behaviour was certainly most unusual and I can't help feeling that this is the mate of the one the cat killed last month (see my other blog, www.toldyouiwasill.blogspot.com for the full story) and that it (I think it is a female) was looking, listening, waiting and hoping. All in vain. I can only hope that it does find another mate, though as we know there are fewer and fewer song thrushes around these days. In the meantime, it really does look terribly sad.

No comments: