Sunday 15 August 2010

Four foxes







We've got used to seeing two slightly mangy young foxes in the garden (I'm treating them with the homeopathic fox drops) but last night we were visited by four. The first one came right up to Flad as he sat guarding the leftover fish and chips. Flad stood his ground, but the hungry fox was determined to get some dinner down him so in the end Flad plodded off and sat on the deck watching the action.

A third fox, with no mange and a beautiful coat - it also had an attractive face with black speckles on the white fur - hovered around but was less pushy than the original two and didn't get a lot of food. Then, to our surprise, a very small cub appeared but was too nervous to dash in and grab a chip. I'm wondering if they are all siblings, with the small club being the runt of the litter.

This is the smallest cub.

6 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

What fantastic pictures - I am sooooo envious!

Jackie Sayle said...

Smashing pics! Our cubs this season are a shy lot and don't come out in the daytime.

hydra said...

Ours have only just started showing their furry faces. And yesterday, as it got dusk, I was lying in the hammock in the garden nattering to my sister on the phone when a stonking great bat swooped right over me!

Jackie Sayle said...

That WAS yor sister. You do know that, I assume?

hydra said...

Ha ha!!! I'll tell her.

Jackie Sayle said...

*Hides*