Tuesday 12 October 2010

New birds


We have some new wildlife in the area in the form of a pair of jackdaws. I heard that familiar 'chack-chack' and was instantly transported to my friend's garden in Cornwall, which was where I last heard jackdaws. Then I blinked and remembered I was in Hillingdon and realised I hadn't drifted into a dream as I heard them again. Haven't managed to get a photo yet (the one above is one I nicked from the web) and can't work out where they are nesting, unless it's somewhere amongst the farm buildings in the fields beyond the garden. I've just read up on them and it says they nest in buildings, hollow trees and sea cliffs. There ain't many of the latter round here!

2 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

I love jackdaws. Hope you see lots more of yours and get some photos. We have a pair round here but don't see them very often.

Anonymous said...

Hello, This is the nice post and this post is really appreciable. I like this post too much, if you are looking for Hen Nights in Brighton and Male Strippers Brighton, , Hen Nights in Blackpool,Hen Nights in London, Male Strippers London and Hen Night. you can enjoy your hen weekends and hen party with full of joy.....