Monday 30 January 2012

My RSPB Garden Birdwatch Results

It was just my luck that none of the more exotic visitors like the parakeets or the raven, or even the jays, put in an appearance. But between 12.30 and 1.30pm, this is what I saw. You had to count the greatest number of a particular species that you saw all together at one time, so one robin followed by another half an hour later, would still be entered as one robin, not two, even if it was a different bird! Here goes:

1 Blackbird; 7 Blue Tits; 1 Chaffinch (great, I hadn't seen one for ages and didn't know they were back!); 1 Collared Dove (usually there is a pair but I think its mate was caught by a fox recently as we found lots of pale grey feathers); 2 Dunnocks; 7 Feral Pigeons, aka Town Pigeons; 3 Goldfinches; 1 Great Tit; 7 House Sparrows (they're really making a comeback round here); 2 Long-Tailed Tits; 4 Magpies; 1 Robin; 2 Starlings; 1 Wren.

No comments: