Wednesday 16 May 2012

More cubs

These were taken last night. It was almost dark when the vixen decided she trusted me enough to suckle a cub while I was standing at the window with the camera. She knew I was there. She stared straight at me, but didn't move. She knows where her next meal is coming from, doesn't she?


A cub drinks from Flad's water dish (well, plant saucer).


I call this picture Small Cub, Big Garden.


Doesn't he pose beautifully?



Wonder what's in this pot? (This morning, the pot was on the lawn so they must have been using it for football practice.) 


The cubs are so big now that there was only room for one at the milk bar!

3 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Fantastic photos!

Teresa Ashby said...

I am so envious - these are lovely pictures :-) x

hydra said...

Well, I'm afraid there'll be lot more! Though oddly, we didn't see the cubs last night. We were in the other room watching telly and I kept popping my head into the kitchen (where the photos are taken from) to see if there was any sign, and there wasn't. It's almost as if she only brings them when we're watching, in order to show them off!