Sunday 25 July 2010

Chicks!







You've met the young jay before, but excuse me for posting yet more pictures of him as he really is so adorable.





The young robin is also very photogenic. He used to try and do a hummingbird impression, hovering in mid air to peck at the fat balls, but now he's learned to stand on a handy twig. He is just coming into his adult plumage and losing his baby chick spots.



This Gatekeeper butterfly looked glorious against the yellow of the golden rod.



And here is a Small White on my lavender.

3 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I don't think I've seen a Gatekeeper butterfly in our garden.

Teresa Ashby said...

Gorgeous pictures. I've never seen a young jay before, only adults.

hydra said...

I think the jay is male because they have a larger crest, and this one has a punk hairdo!