Saturday 26 February 2011

Window stickers

A few weeks ago, first a blue tit, then a parakeet, flew full tilt into the patio doors. Both were OKI and flew off again, but not only was it a terrible shock having a bird bird like a parakeet strike the glass when you're sitting inches away, but I don't know how it didn't sustain terrible injuries.

My partner did some research and came up with these infra-red stickers. They look like ordinary stickers from inside the house, but from outside, they have an infra-red pattern that deters the birds. We've put them up and so far there have been no other patients for Brokebeak Clinic!

3 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

What a great idea. We have a big problem with pigeons hurling themselves into our windows. And they leave greasy pigeon shaped marks on the glass. Poor daft things. I shall look into getting some of those stickers!

hydra said...

I'll find out where my partner got them. It might have been the RSPB website.

Jackie Sayle said...

My Mum had to put stickers on her patio doors and on her back bedroom window for the very same reason. The bedroom window had a very clear 'startled owl' print on it!