Thursday 20 August 2009

Frog on the Twine



Okay, I know, you have to be a certain age to remember the hit by Lindisfarne, but I AM of that age, so excuse the awful pun. It's wonderful when a wild creature sits still for long enough to allow you to rattle off loads of photos. The frog posed on the pond netting for so long that I was able to do comparative shots from four different cameras, and it was the Fuki digital SLR that was the sharpest, but I still haven't learned how to use it properly so I actually got better shots from the little Pentax 7 mega pixels camera as I had the anti-blur feature switched on.

After we'd finished playing David Bailey, I suggested to my partner that he should catch the frog as it might be stuck on the netting unable to get off, like a human wallowing on a hammock. But as soon as he tried to grab it, it squeezed through the twine and plopped into the water. I think it was just enjoying its 15 minutes of stardom.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Groans at the awful pun. (I first saw them live at Crystal Palace Bowl in 197...um.)

Guess the frog was slipping down slowly, slipping down sideways and sucking sickly sausage rolls?

hydra said...

Love the alliteration!