Friday 11 September 2009

At last a fox!



No sign has been seen of the mangy fox since the day my neighbour rang the RSPCA. The food has been disappearing, though and I put out the three treatments as directed. This morning at around 6.45 my partner spotted this fox in the garden. Full, healthy coat and bushy brush. Could it be the same beast, recovered? Or is it a different one? I think (and hope) it is the same one because, just like the mangy one, it stands and looks towards the house as if begging for food. It didn't want the bread. Perhaps it had come to say thanks for making it better! I'd like to think so, anyway, fanciful though that seems.

1 comment:

Jackie Sayle said...

I went back to your sick fox pic to try to look at the black 'socks' but couldn't see enough to tell if it's the same fox. Let's hope it is and that it's well again. Our foxes have been very stealthy this year with just the occasional glimpse of Lanky Legs wandering around at whatever time of day he feels like it.