Tuesday 22 March 2011

New bird box


I bought two new bird boxes and asked my partner to put them up for me as he is much taller than me and handier with hammer and nails. I named the locations where I wanted them to placed - one on a tree with lots of ivy cover, and the other underneath the lip of the workshop roof, which is shielded by shrubs.

He acceded to one of my wishes and placed the robin nest box on the workshop, but the other he stuck in what in my view is the stupidest place where no small bird will ever venture: up under the plastic covering over the side path, right opposite both the door and the cat flap. What birds would want to get disturbed all the time by people barging about all the time, and a hungry cat parked beneath, staring avidly upwards?

Will any bird be daft enough to take up residence? He says he's going to make a To Let sign for it, so watch this space!

No comments: