Wednesday 2 March 2011

7 things about me

To fulfill the criteria of my Stylish Blogger award, I have to say seven things about myself. I shall try to make most of them animal related, as befits this blog...

1. My first literary success was winning an RSPCA essay prize when I was about 8.

2. My first cat was a ginger ex-Tom called Sandy. He initiated games of hide and seek and we humans would take turns hiding so he could find us, or he would hide and we'd have to creep up and find him, tail twitching madly in the shrubbery.

3. I began collecting caterpillars when I was 10 and putting them in jam jars along with their favourite leaves, and seeing what eventually hatched out. Sometimes it was buzzing flies but on one marvellous occasion, it was a Garden Tiger Moth.

4. I saw my first snake, an adder, by a Welsh river on a family holiday. I was fascinated.

5. I once held a Mexican Red Kneed Tarantula in my palm and stroked it. It inspired a poem. It was the softest, downiest creature I've ever stroked.

6. I have a phobia about ants. They make me feel cold, sick, shaky and terrified. It goes back to when I was strapped in my pram in the garden and ants got in and crawled all over me. Ugh!

7. I have done three courses on Animal Communication and successfully reached into the mind of someone's dog, by means of a photo, and told his owner what was wrong with him. Spooky!

2 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

Lovely list Hydra.
Sandy sounds wonderful!
I am terrified of spiders but I've often wondered if I could hold one of those big soft ones.

That's fascinating about the animal communication.
It's clear to see you've been interested in animals and wildlife since you were a child - except for ants, ugh, that must have been terrifying.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Well done on your award. Popped over from Teresa's blog. Loved the photo's of the fox - they are such wonderful creatures. I couldn't hold a big hairy spider - I'd expire first!